Today, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects are uniquely challenging. Parties
currently involved in large complex and fast-track EPC projects frequently suffer financial loss that
could have been mitigated by effective contract management. Appropriate practical “know-how”
of EPC contracts will improve your ability to take appropriate steps, or to obtain necessary advice,
to minimize or manage such risks.
This intensive workshop provides valuable insight into the rapidly evolving world of EPC contracts. It
has been designed specifically for the professionals and management of energy industries and will be of particular interest to those with current or planned projects in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe and the CIS.
You will analyse an EPC contract, clause by clause, focusing on your challenges in international and
domestic projects. This unique interactive master class discusses the key issues in EPC contracts which are relevant for lenders, sponsors and borrowers in international construction projects and the keys to deliver successful projects.
- Global and local legal and commercial framework in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the CIS
- Contract negotiation best practices
- Tips on contractual risk mitigation
- Contract financing and project structuring
- Contractor relationship management
- Clause-by-clause discussion based on an actual contract precedent
Key Learning Objectives
- UNDERSTAND the current finance market for EPC contracts
- MANAGE legal risks and environment for EPC contracts in the region
- DISCOVER alternative procurement options for projects and the risks and opportunities associated with these options
- DISTINGUISH new and effective contract negotiation strategies
- ANALYSE the types of claims that may be made under EPC contracts and develop strategies to manage these claims
- GAIN INSIGHTS into the best current dispute resolution options and the risks and costs associated with each option
The agenda will combine presented materials with plenty of opportunity for Q&A, interactive discussions, and the use of quantitative models to illustrate key learning points. Current market examples and data are utilized wherever helpful.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organizer. This Certificate will testify your endeavor and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register/inquire on this course, please contact:
Tel: +65 6325 0215 | Email: abigail[at]infocusinternational.com