26th CED Forum/Awards, Professionals Advocate Strategic Planning for Energy Transition, Advocate Sustainability for Nigeria’s Economic Growth￼
Built Environment professionals have recommended strategic investments in sustainable energy and highlighted key strategies the Nigerian Government must employ to successfully transition to green energy to increase Nigeria’s economic strength for the coming years.
At the 26th CED Forum Awards Ceremony, held on October 7, 2022, Keynote Speaker, Engr. Eloho Innocent Amagada, MNSE, FNIMechE, FIMC, MIEI, Chief Executive Officer, Amelin Projects Ltd’s presentation, titled Implementing Practical Solutions for Nigeria’s Winning Strategies for Energy Transition, assessed the current energy marketing and consumption indices in Nigeria and questioned the nation’s commitment to phasing out fossil fuels in line with the global shift towards adopting Greener energy.
According to the paper, the transport sector is the largest contributor to carbon emissions in Nigeria accounting for over 61% of carbon emissions in Nigeria.
The impact of these figures on the nation’s ecosystem include climate related issues, health hazards and increased stress on the economy as the world shifts towards reducing fossil fuel consumption.
Proffering solutions, Engr Amagada, recommended a conscientious effort towards Public- Private partnership in the energy space to reduce Gas flaring and provide easier access to Gas and gas powered solutions in the country especially in the transport sector and for domestic use.
Citing the use of Biofuels for power generation, the adoption of off-grid renewable energy services for energy distribution across the country and limiting the expansion of Fossil fuels
Weighing in on the subject, the panel of Arc. Ben Enyi Eboh, FNIA, President, Nigerian Institute of Architects, Engr. Tokunbo Ajanaku, representing Engr. Mrs. Aramide Adeyoye, FNSE, FNICE, FNIOB, Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Works & Infrastructure, Engr Amagada and moderated by Kenneth Odusola-Stevenson, Managing Editor, CED Magazine addressed key issues presented in the paper and challenges the nation may face including the capital implications of renewable energy adoption but cited the need for political will in the right direction to steer the course and accelerate the adoption of solutions citing the socioeconomic benefits of green energy.
Engr Tokunbo highlighted Lagos states position towards improving the transport sector through the launch of it’s Blue Line, the objective being to reduce the numbers of cars on the roads therefore reducing C02 emissions in the state.
He emphasized the need for citizens of the state to cooperate with the initiatives being executed by the state citing that the state has been on a conscious upward momentum on its goal to achieving a fully integrated smart city, with numerous projects aimed at addressing issues in the state including transport infrastructure and data collation.
Chairman of the event, Arc. Ben Enyi Eboh, closed off the panel by advocating the adoption of recommendations and advised attendees to become advocates in their circles as the need to transition to green energy is now a crucial need.
Corporate Recipients of the 2022 CED Forum/Award include;
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Architecture and Project Management Company: CONSULTANTS COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIP (CCP)
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Engineering, Procurement and Construction Solutions Company: CAKASA (NIGERIA) COMPANY LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE Architecture, Spatial Design & Project Management Company: ANETOR + ASSOCIATES
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Real Estate and Infrastructure Company: ATCO HOMES LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Oil & Gas, Power Engineering Solutions Company, AMELIN PROJECTS LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE Water Engineering Solutions Company: HOLBORN NIGERIA LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Building Materials and Construction Chemicals Company;COSTAR CHEM NIGERIA LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Engineering Consultancy, Project Mgt. Solutions & Infrastructure Dev. Company; DOJ CONTRACTORS NIGERIA LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Oil and Gas Management Services Agency; NNPC EASTERN ZONE RETIRED STAFF INVESTMENT COOPERATIVE SOCIETY LIMITED (NEZRSICS)
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Real Estate Company, REMAX REALTORS LIMITED
- CORPORATE SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Mining Engineering Consultancy Company; GEOCARDINAL ENGINEERING SERVICES LIMITED
- OUTSTANDING MINISTRY OF THE YEAR AWARD OF EXCELLENCE SERVICE; State Govt. Ministries & Agencies in Engineering Infrastructure Solutions; LAGOS STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS & INFRASTRUCTURE
Professional Recipients of the 2022 CED Forum/Award include;
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCEArchitectural Professional Leadership & Personality, ARC. OLADIPO EMMANUEL ODUNOLA, PMP, FBDFM
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE, Engineering Professional Leadership & Personality; ENGR. CHUKWUDI EZEGU,FNSE, FNICE
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE Urban & Regional Planning Profession, TPL. CHINWEUBA NKIRU GLORIA, MNITP, RTP
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Outstanding Building Contractor & Real Estate Developer; ARC. OLUWABUSUYI ADONIS FAKANLU
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE; Engineering Professional Leadership & Personality, Engr. Dr. Elizabeth J. Eterigho, FNSE, FNSChE, President, APWEN